Sunday, April 3, 2011

Edward Abbey from a friend

Do not burn yourselves out. Be a reluctant enthusiast .. A part time crusader, a half hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains bag the peaks run the rivers. Breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely mysterious and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk bound men and women with their hearts in safe deposit boxes, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will out live the bastards!" ~~Edward Abbey

5 comments:

ilikewinter said...

Rae, do you still want to add your posts to Outdoor Women's Alliance? It could even just be once a week if you'd like. I'm doing a "Training Tuesday" feature each week with some girls in your area who are training for rock climbing (maybe you all need to meet up!). It'd be nice to have a bike component in there.

M said...

Damn straight!

Sarah H. said...

I have always loved that quote and really needed that reminder!

Rae and Ben said...

G - Yah, it would be cool, I'll post Tuesdays then eh? Or should I post another day? I just hate posting over way cooler stuff know what I mean?

ilikewinter said...

Hey Chica- don't worry about that. Make your post and then save as a draft. I'll put things in order on the page and get it publicized for you. You're awesome!