Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - the year of the Demo

I posted in the past to help me stay motivated to train my way to the STP. Now I return with a similar purpose, to maintain motivation to train for mountain racing in the summer. I hope to kick butt in 2-3 enduro races and 1-2 DH races. I am fast when gravity is involved, but I get held back by weakness in my legs, heart and lungs, think on what I can do with increased fitness and stamina. Last season I rode pretty well in the Sport category, I must race in the expert category now. I won the title, "Queen of the Mountain" at the Tiger Mountain Enduro for being the fastest female down the main DH section of the race. I would like to maintain this title into the next year.

My plan is to utilize the stormy weather to build strength and lose weight in the gym while riding real bikes on the weekends and when I can. I plan to take spinning twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays) and do strength for my upper body, core and legs 3-4 times a week. With my weak back and shoulder recovery, I must focus on those areas in particular increasing in strength and flexibility so I can rely on the weak parts of my body as well. My legs have always been the strongest, I hope to get the rest of my body to match.

Today is the second day of January 2013, the first day of the rest of my life. I have been sick and have an injured hamstring. I rode the stationary for 30 minutes and did the elliptical for 20. Tomorrow is circuit training for strength.

No comments: