Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TODAY!


So, I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...for anyone who knows me even a little bit, you know I have been needing and pining after a new bike for sometime now. And if you know me really good, you know I have been wanting a Santa Cruz. Well, the heavens opened about a month ago and devine providence brought me to little website called KSL.com and I randomly decided to check out the bikes. I found what is now known as the best find of the century. I found a 2002 Santa Cruz Bullit frame, medium size (my size), black and hot for sale for $325. That alone is a steal but after visiting this awesome seller with my buddy Adam, he offered up his titanium bottom bracket, XT front derailleur, carbon fiber cranks, Chris King head set, seat post clamp, rear fox float lockout shock and the frame for $350. HELLO!! I snatched that up as fast as I could manage. My dream come true right?



Well, to make the story even sweeter my said buddy Adam and his lovely girlfriend of seven years, Christine had the rest of the parts for this dream bike just hanging around their humble home. I took the frame there and next thing I know I have a full bike, huge fork, disc brakes, complete drivetrain, wheels, handlebars, pedals, everything! How do I ever repay these two for letting me "barrow" all their stuff? These two are amazing and we worked on this bike together many late nights to get it rolling.



So slowly I will buy up parts, I have recently purchased a wider handlebar and tomorrow will order a longer seatpost. I have to be searching for a good deal on a fork and get a drivetrain soon enough. What a killer deal and THANK YOU THANK YOU to Christine adn Adam, they are amazing.



This looks a lot like my bike, without the coil shock in the back, mine is air, sweet and plush! The fork isn't this big either and this bike has new really nice parts, mine are good, but working on the new part. Trying to set it up to be as cross country as possible, one bike to do it all. Gotta get in better shape though to lug it uphill. :) Love it!


No comments: